Thursday, October 13, 2005

Blog given scant attention after only three posts

With honeymoon over, apathy sets in with vengence

After only three mildly distracting posts, and a severe lack of comments, media insiders last night suggested that The Irish Scoop is to become the latest victim in the recent trend of abandoned online journals, also known as blogs.

The blog in question, well known to readers of this blog, began with little fanfare just under a week ago. Yet already it would appear that it's prospects for survival in the cutthroat world of satirical online publishing are grim at best.

"In retrospect, this was on the cards from the start," a close friend remarked yesterday. "Nobody said anything when the first three posts got gradually shorter, but we all saw it coming." Another source close to the blog called the shocking decline in length of posts over the first week "worrying at best".

Hopes were raised yesterday that Ireland's failure to qualify for the World Cup finals would provide adequete comedic fodder to reinvigorate the faltering publishing initiative, but it appears the author may have blown his load a couple of days before with a jibe about a Brian Kerr wedgie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emmet said...

Wow, thanks guys! Sorry it took so long to get back to you. To be honest, I was kind of forgetting about this whole blog thing, seeing as it felt like nobody was out there at all! Ha ha! How wrong was I?

Anonymous, thanks for the kind words about how great my blog looks, although I must admit that I didn't design it myself. Actually, it's really easy to set up a blog, I know you said you don't have one, but you should try it out! I did check out your consolidation site, and it looks great too! And no problem, I'll be sure to pass any of my friends who need consolidation help on to you!

And to the other Anonymous (I'm not sure if it's the same person?), I wasn't quite so clear about your comment. Thanks for the tip about the new Bloglines feature. I use Google Reader myself, but it's always good to be aware of the alternatives, right? Unfortunately, I didn't really get what that has to do with what you said about private road construction though. Probably just me being slow... feel free to drop another comment spelling things out for stupid old me!

Thanks for reading guys, and keep the great comments coming!

2:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home